Featured Holiday Recipe: Vevan Mozza Mushroom and Broccoli Pasta
November 19, 2020
The team at Smart Foodservice thanks Schuman Cheese for their sponsorship and for sharing this delicious recipe with us.
Mushrooms and broccoli combined in a vegan mozzarella cheese sauce poured over al dente pasta is a dish no one can pass up. Crushed garlic, a pinch of lemon zest, and a dash of nutmeg takes the flavors to a new level.
Every diner at your table will be digging into this delicious vegan dish!
If you have a family of meat-lovers, you can easily include ham, chicken, or any other protein you prefer in the recipe.
Dairy-free comfort food was never so delicious.
Vevan Mozza, a popular product made by Schuman Cheese, is crafted by artisan cheesemakers.It melts just like dairy cheese, but is dairy, gluten, and lactose free.
The best part? Cheese lovers won’t even notice the difference!
Our bulk and wholesale food store is delighted to share this delicious, cheesy and dairy-free pasta recipe. This is truly holiday comfort food at its best.
Vevan Mozza Mushroom and Broccoli Pasta
Lactose Free | Vegan Option
You can shop for this recipe’s ingredients here!
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
8 oz. brown or white mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
¾ cup water or unsweetened milk alternative
8 oz. Vevan Mozza-Shred, plus extra for garnish (SWS Item # 85692)
2 cups steamed or roasted broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces
1 cup cooked chicken or ham, diced (optional)
Pinch of First Street Nutmeg (SWS Item # 40184)
First Street Salt, to taste (SWS Item # 83659)
First Street Ground Black Pepper, to taste (SWS Item # 40208)
8 oz. whole grain thin spaghetti, cooked al dente
Santini extra virgin olive oil (optional garnish) (SWS Item # 30646)
Lemon zest (optional garnish)
- In a 3- or 4-quart saucepan, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic and sauté until softened, 3–4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, transfer mushroom mixture to a separate bowl and set aside. Place the saucepan back on the burner over medium high heat, add water or milk alternative, and bring to boil. Scrape any mushroom bits into water.
- Add Vevan Mozza-Shred (SWS Item # 85692) and whisk until melted and sauce starts to thicken.
- Stir in mushroom mixture, broccoli and meat, if desired. Whisk in a little water if sauce becomes too thick. Remove from heat.
- Season with First Street Nutmeg (SWS Item # 40184), First Street Salt (SWS Item # 83659) and First Street Ground Black Pepper (SWS Item # 40208).
- Pour sauce over hot pasta. Garnish with Vevan Mozza-Shred, Santini extra virgin olive oil drizzle and lemon zest, if desired.
Shop for Wholesale Dairy Products, Meat, Produce & Other Groceries at Smart Foodservice
Shopping for wholesale groceries has never been easier. At Smart Foodservice, we’re stocked with everything you need to check off your list. Find the highest-quality meats and seafood, fresh dairy products and produce, canned and dry goods, and much more - all at affordable prices. Browse our products online to see prices as well as your many options.
Speaking of making shopping easy, we offer in-store pickup via Click&Carry. It’s simple to set up an account, shop online, and we’ll have your groceries available for you at the date and time of your choosing.
In addition, we’ve partnered with Instacart and Shipt so you can have wholesale groceries delivered right to your door. Our online shoppers have the same great product choices and competitive prices as our customers who shop in-store.
Have questions for our team? We’re here to assist you. Simply locate your local Smart Foodservice Warehouse and get in touch.